Sunday, January 16, 2011

Playlist

I'm semi-obsessed with Florence + The Machine lately (and, FTR, I liked them way before the SNL appearance and Glee cover).

While I love every song on the album, "Dog Days" has been first on my running playlist for quite some time for this lyric alone:

"Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father, run for your children, all your sisters and your brothers. Leave all your love and your longing behind, you can't carry it with you if you want to survive."

So that's why I run. For all the people in my life who couldn't (or still can't) run - my dad who blew out both knees seeking NCAA glory on the college basketball court, for my brother who battled cancer at age 26, for my friend Kit who was wheelchair-bound way too early and succumbed to MS before his 40th birthday, for Hannah and Lily who run with angel's wings, and for my daughter who can't yet keep up but watches and learns and will soon leave me in the dust.

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE this post. My reasons for running are now the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post Hilary. I totally dig you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post, I am running for my Angel Baby Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MaryBeth, I have this song No. 1 on my running playlist for this very same lyric. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete