Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just a Penguin

So I finished week one of bridge to 10k today and I feel pretty good.  I'm excited to start mapping out running routes longer than three miles, so next week should make me feel accomplished.

I did stumble upon something while running this morning.  Every day is a struggle to get out and run.  Not because I don't enjoy it, but because there's that part of me that says I shouldn't be doing this - that little voice that says I'm too chunky, I'm too slow, I look ridiculous.  So far the other part of me is winning but I wonder how long it will take before all of me realizes that it's ok to get out there and run, even if I am just a penguin.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is just what I needed to begin my journey into running again. My mom was diagnosed 4 weeks ago with satge 4 Pancreatic Cancer that has already spread to her liver. I have tried and tried to get back into running all of last year, but I just couldn't mentally get there. Now I will learn to run again for her. Your blog has uplifted me. Thank you! PS I bet I'm a slower runner than you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I am so sorry about to hear about your mother. Three of us here have lost children and in June all of us are running a half marathon in their honor. We are excited to have you on the journey with us :)

    ReplyDelete