Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crosswalks

Everyone knows that your children always are better for other people.  People continually tell me what a doll my three year old Tatiana is and I just laugh and say thank you, knowing full well when we get home she will turn into the holy terror she is, especially when she loses a mini game on Mario Party 8 for the Wii.  Yes, she plays the Wii, don't judge.

Anyways, I couldn't help but think of this as I was running this morning.  I ran a new route this morning that was less sidewalks and more "multi-use path" but which also took me along major streets and crosswalks.  I noticed that as I approached each crosswalk my pace got a little quicker, my step a little peppier.  It wasn't hard to deduce that I was running for other people at that point.  I wanted everyone at the stoplight to see that I was an amazing runner, truth or not.

So here's my thought.  Do you think they could plan a half-marathon course in nothing but crosswalks?  I think I could totally kick it.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! I do this too! Even if I'm dying while praying that I will catch a red light for a much needed rest, as soon as that bad boy turns green, I Hussein Bolt it! The poor people in their cars get to watch me shake, shake, shake! lol

    ReplyDelete