Saturday, April 30, 2011

Round 2

Two weeks after the first cortisone shot I was right back in the podiatrist office getting another one.  Yup.  My miracle drug was not so much.  I was told to take it easy and so the following Monday I ran two miles and there was definitely some pain, but manageable and I set off to run three miles on Wednesday morning.  By ten o'clock I was in so much pain I was in tears.  This past week I ran 2.25 miles then 2.75 miles and while running I seemed to be ok, the aftermath was not right.

Along with the shot on this visit came explicit instructions to not run for two weeks.  Supposing at the end of those two weeks everything is hunky doory, I will have exactly four weeks to try and figure out how in the hell to run 13 miles.  It looks like the goal I set which was completely attainable is now needing to be reworked and I don't know how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment