Monday, May 9, 2011

Plan B

So, training for a half marathon by running is out, so I've had to move to plan B.  My friend, Sharilyn, told me about a friend of hers that is preparing for a full marathon by using the elliptical and the bike because apparently she has issues as well.  Poor girl.  So this morning I stopped crying and put on my big girl panties and made it to the gym at 5:40 in the morning and did a total of four miles - I started with one mile on the elliptical, then two miles on the bike, and one final mile on the elliptical.  It was so hard not to stroll over to the treadmill and try and run just a little, but I still have some lingering pain in my heel and don't want to mess things up.  If all goes well this week, I might throw in a small run, but doubtful.  Right now the plan is to train this way and not run until the half, but as we all know, plans change so look out for Plan C.

No comments:

Post a Comment