Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What Kind of Runner Are You?

I've been running since September of last year. (I used the term "running" very loosely for the first few months.) Anyway, I'm a run on the track kind of girl since it is way too cold here to run outside and I hate the treadmill. The track I use is pretty small - 9 laps per mile. This, added to the fact that I am the slowest runner on said track, I get to watch as a lot of people run past me. I started noticing each person has there own personal style when it comes to running. So here are a few that I have seen.

The Tip-Toer - No lie, this guy's heels never hit the ground. I couldn't believe it. And let me tell you, his calves were masive.

The Fairy - This person runs with their arms bent at the elbow and held close to the body. But they let their wrists fly free and flap in the wind.

The Matchy Matchers - These are the couples that come to the gym in matching outfits. My favorite was the man that was in white shirt, black pants, white shoes and the woman in black shirt, white pants and black shoes. Pretty fancy. I felt like I was back in High School during spirit week.

The I Can't Decide What I'm Doing - This is the person that irks me. This person is a fast walker. I don't mind that you are walking fast on the track, just don't pass me while I am running!

What kind of runner am I? Who knows? You'd have to ask the people that pass me everyday on the track.

1 comment:

  1. Emma, I am not sure what kind of Runner I am. However I do want to say that you Dillingham ladies rock and you keep me laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete