Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's a Good Day!

I went running this morning in the freezing cold again.  I tell you, this cold weather is going to be the death of me.  That being said, I'm thinking my body kinda likes it because I had a great for me run and ran a 13:30 mile!  I'm pretty dang happy with that - and more proof that my 5k was rigged ;)

I've also started doing Weight Watchers to help get my eating more in check and after two weeks on the program I have lost 5.6 pounds!  Definitely not as fast as HCG, but at least with this program I can eat, right?  So, here's to success in the running world and the weight loss world!  Go Team!

3 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring. I have always wanted to run. However, I literally can't make it to the end of my block. I can walk forever, but running... nope!

    I seriously have dreams of running for long periods... it feels like flying in my dreams. Hearing that you couldn't do 30 seconds at first makes me think that maybe I can get there... slowly. Thanks MB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, you can TOTALLY do this! If you really want to, definitely start with the Couch to 5k program. It will get you running for 30 minutes in about nine weeks which is slow and steady and doable. Emma and I ran our first 5k together after completing this program and it was exactly what we needed to keep going. Let me know if you start and I'll be your biggest fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryBeth, You are amazing and my inspiration I cannot believe you ran in the cold while it was raining, and I whined about running in 29 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete