Monday, December 27, 2010

Bridge to 10K Has Begun!

So I'm starting my Bridge to 10K running program which is very similar to the C25K in the fact that it gets you running for longer periods of time...in this case 60 minutes straight.  How they figure that is six miles is beyond me because the way I run, I'll be lucky to hit the 4.5 mile marker in that time period.

Still, here I go.  I found a 10k locally on January 22nd and I'm trying to figure out if I'll be ready by then to run a whole six miles.  I have until the 19th to register for either a 10k or a 5k so I have some time to make the decision.

You know what I hate though.  I kind of ran where ever this morning, not really knowing how far I was because I had never mapped the route and I've discovered I hate that.  I sit there and think, "Holy cows!  I'm totally cruising.  I've totally gone like five miles for sure," only to return home and map my run and realize I've run exactly 2.89 miles in 43 minutes.  Ew.

1 comment:

  1. that's how i felt this morning running on the track - thought i was doing pretty good and didn't hit the 4-mile mark by the end like i wanted - boo

    ReplyDelete